- Master Diploma (Master Degree equivalent) in Linguistics. Ural Federal University
- Bachelor Diploma (Undergraduate Bachelor Degree equivalent) in Pedagogical Education
- Diploma in French language translation and interpretation
- GA Level 3 Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
- Cambridge English Level 2 Certificate in ESOL International
- Secondary French Teacher and ESL Support St George International School and Preschool / Sofia, Bulgaria
- Primary English Teacher Thomas Jefferson Institute / Mexico City, Mexico
I have always been fascinated and intrigued by people, their philosophies, cultures, histories and aspirations. This along with my eagerness to help people led me first into the academic field of psychology before realising that my true passion lies in teaching.
I was born in Cape Town and completed my schooling all over Southern Africa including Namibia and Botswana. After obtaining my two degrees in psychology, I felt the urge to immerse myself in a new culture and learn more about other countries which led me to South Korea. Here, I found my calling and fell in love with teaching, beginning my postgraduate studies in education.
After graduating with a PGCE, specialising in Early Childhood Development and Foundation Phase, in which I obtained a distinction, my teaching experience has been at international schools. I am a passionate early years teacher and have taught pre-nursery, nursery, and reception classes over the past 8 years. I love to be involved in the school community and have often initiated and led projects to develop relationships within the wider community.
I am currently completing my Masters in Education through the University of Essex, and believe professional development is vital in providing my pupils with the best educational experiences. I believe that teaching an incredibly valuable and rewarding profession. My educational philosophy is to provide stimulating lessons which encourage all learners to have fun whilst developing in all areas of their learning. I love to instil the zest I have for learning in my students allowing them to follow their own interests and become future members of a society we will be proud of.