Teacher of Computer Science
- Wolverhampton University, Wolverhampton, England, BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with a specialism in Software Engineering.
- Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, England: MA TESOL with Applied Linguistics
- Cambridge CELTA
- Cambridge DELTA
- Qualified Teacher Status (Computer Science)
- Post-graduate Certificate in Education from Birmingham City University, Birmingham, England
- Computer Science Trainee Teacher, Redhill Secondary School, Stourbridge, West Midlands, England
- Computer Science Trainee Teacher, Ormiston Forge Academy, Old Hill, West Midlands, England
After university, David worked as a Software Engineer for circa 5 years for a large American medical services company in the UK. Since then, David has spent the last 10 years teaching at tertiary level at universities in Vietnam and Turkey. Here he taught English for Academic Purposes (EAP) and examined IELTS for both British Council and IDP. Since the arrival of Andy (now 8) and Charlie (soon-to-be) 6, and having won a prestigious scholarship, David has retrained as a Computer Science teacher and made the switch from tertiary to secondary-level education. David and his family are delighted to return to Central Asia and are looking forward to working in a well-defined programme led by a strong and knowledgeable leadership team supported by expert colleagues. David is passionate about using technology to help smoothen how things work and devotes a lot of time and energy to helping improve school procedures and making his colleagues’ lives easier. In his free time, David enjoys walks in the park, cycling and badminton.