To commence the welcoming of Navruz holiday, WIST hosted an extraordinary celebration on 20 March 2023. The party was a wonderful highlight to mark the first day of spring with the whole WIST community. There...
Welcome to WIST
Welcome to Westminster International School in Tashkent (WIST), an independent International School housed in a contemporary-designed, purpose-built campus that opened in September 2019. WIST offers the full range of education from 2-18 years of age, using the very best International, British and Uzbek curricula.
WIST is an authorised examination centre for Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) and Pearson Edexcel examinations. The school is now a Member of the Council of International Schools (CIS) and also an Associate Member of Central & Eastern European Schools Association (CEESA). Our programmes also include International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) and International Primary Curriculum (IPC). WIST supports all of our graduating students with university guidance and is a registered centre with the Universities and College Admissions Services (UCAS).
- MEET & GREET In line with commencing the new Academic Year, WIST organised a MEET & GREET session for all parents that included presentations about Preschoo, Primary, and Secondary. August 30, 2023
- WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL! A fantastic start to the school year, seeing our students with big smiles and wearing their uniforms proudly as WIST students! Our parent and guardian community joined in to support and enjoy the start of school. August 28, 2023
- International Children’s Day WIST will be joining countries around the world to celebrate International Children’s Day on 1 June 2023. This is a day in honour of all children worldwide. Children are our future. We wish all children around the world a very Happy International Children’s Day! May 31, 2023
- WIST SPORTS DAY! 2-4 May 2023 We are looking forward to 3 days of exciting competition among the house teams. Early Years and MP1 will start the ball rolling starting on Tuesday 2nd May followed by MP 2 & 3 on Wednesday 3rd May. Secondary will bring in the deciding points on Thursday 4th May. Who will be […] May 1, 2023
WIST puts emphasis on programming classes, as it develops logical thinking, teaches to work in a team and learn from the experience of others. In support, the school provides iMacs for each student.
Art reduces stress and anxiety. It helps to improve the brain activity and concentration of the child.
Swimming strengthen is responsible for building muscle tissues, burns calories and helps to calm down the body.
WIST keeps pace with progress! The school program also includes many extra clubs.
One of these clubs is the robotics club, where young minds can learn the basics of programming and develop their IT skills.
Football help to strengthen bone tissues and immune system of the body. Playing in a teams also allows to develop analytical and critical thinking.
- Science Rooms and Art Rooms The campus has at its disposal science labs, classrooms for art and crafts lessons, and an ICT room.
- Dance Hall The campus a hall for dance, music, and drama classes
- Swimming Pool Swimming strengthen is responsible for building muscle tissues, burns calories and helps to calm down the body.
- Canteen The in-house kitchen and chef choose the best ingredients to ensure children enjoy substantial healthy meals three times a day.
- Playgrounds and Sportsgrounds Children have access to a football field, lounge area, free-play areas, and climbing frames.
- Health Care A nurse, a psychologist, and a speech therapist are available to assist the students at all the times throughout their school journey
- Afterschool A wide variety of extracurricular activities and clubs are on offer.
- 24/7 Security The safety of your children is our main priority. The school is fitted with high-end security equipment and we organise regular safety drills.
- Classrooms Each classroom is equipped with German ergonomically designed furniture, an Interactive multi-touch display board, and a computer.
- Library The library contained more than 3 000 books, including textbooks, science magazines, works of fiction, and much more.
All instructors at WIST have teaching experience in the best Uzbekistan and international schools.
Book Week was celebrated across the school from 27 Feb to 5 March 2023. All the teachers got together to arrange many creative and meaningful activities to educate and remind students on the importance and...
Over the course of the last week, we finished all of the sports days, ending with the preschool students. Our young athletes performed tasks and games aimed at developing speed, agility, and balance.At the end...